The Gardiner Democratic Committee (GDC) is the official arm of the Democratic Party in Gardiner NY. We have an immediate opening for a volunteer associate member to serve on the committee. Unlike voting members, associate members do not serve as members of the Ulster County Democratic Committee and can only vote on local issues when designated by the Chair as filling in for a voting member. That said, our pool of associate members serves as training ground for future vacancies among our eight voting members who are publicly elected officials. Associate members are key to the smooth running and continuity of the committee and are regarded in all other ways as full committee members.
- Being a registered member of the Democratic Party residing within the limits of the town of Gardiner;
- Commitment to our Democratic Party values and to the success of Democratic candidates locally, statewide, and nationally;
- Willingness and ability to attend monthly meetings (generally the second Thursday of each month in the evening at the Gardiner Town Hall);
- Willingness and ability to support, through the contribution of time and effort, projects important to the GDC such as: political campaigning, fund-raising, community-building, and other strategic and tactical activities. Approximate time commitment: 4-6 hours per month; more during the several months immediately prior to elections;
- Desire to make a positive difference in our community through Democratic political activity.
We believe each member brings their own strengths to the position of associate member and we will leverage those strengths in a win-win-win for the benefit of the GDC, the community, and the member him/herself.
We would love to have you apply.
Send statements of interest to Chair@gardinerdemocrats.com