MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE THE TOWN
- Invest wisely in the town’s infrastructure, including roads, bridges, and buildings such as the Clove Road Bridge and the pole barn in Majestic Park.
- Improve Gardiner’s recreational opportunities for families, including facilities and programs such as Majestic Park maintenance and upgrades and improvements to the Rail Trail.
- Preserve and protect drinking water and wetlands including the aquifer that towns residents rely on.
- Support of the library as the town’s social and cultural center.
- Address the problems of Dusinberre Road.
EXERCISE FINANCIAL DISCIPLINE
- Develop responsible budgets based on the needs of the community.
- Limit the tax burden on Gardiner property owners.
- Employ expert resources to secure grants and donations to help fund important programs.
- Encourage business development in the hamlet and in the industrial park to increase the revenue base.
PRESERVE GARDINER’S CHARACTER AND OPEN SPACE
- Preserve the small town nature of Gardiner and support the goals of the 2004 Master Plan.
- Advance Gardiner’s Open Space Plan.
- Support established policies that protect the Shawangunk Ridge as a natural and community resource.
- Respect sensitive ecological systems.
CONTINUE AND ENHANCE EFFICIENT, GOOD GOVERNMENT
- Continue to ensure open, inclusive government by encouraging participation by all members of the Gardiner community in town meetings and activities.
- Encourage the community to serve on town organizations, including the town board, the Planning Board, the ZBA, the ECC, and the open space commission.
- Promote a greater balance on the Planning Board between development and conservation interests.
- Encourage the development of Task Forces to address community needs, such as Earth Day cleanup.
SUPPORT DEMOCRATIC VALUES
- Support the values of the national Democratic Party including sanctuary cities, women’s equality, LGBTQ issues, support for Planned Parenthood and single-payer health care.