Dear Fellow Democrats,
In advance of Tuesday’s Primary Election, we want to share two quotes with you that we feel are particularly timely.
- “Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not
a President and Senators and Congressmen and Government Officials, but the voters of this country.”
- “Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.”
These words were spoken over 80 years ago by Franklin Roosevelt, yet they seemed tailored for the political crisis we find ourselves in today.
- If you are tired of the blatant corruption, vote!
- If you are tired of the unending lies, vote!
- If you are tired of the soulless and complicit Republican Congress, vote!
- If you are tired of the racism, homophobia, xenophobia and misogyny, vote!
- If you are tired of the dismantling of our democratic institutions and the courting of demagogues, vote!
- If you are tired of the self-dealing of an incurious, craven, incompetent and dangerous chief executive and his family, vote!
- If you are tired of images of innocent babies and children ripped from their mothers and warehoused for political reasons, vote!
- If you are tired of Congressman Faso and his toadying to Trump and the NRA, vote!
On June 26th, we have the opportunity to take back our country one Congressional District at a time. We strongly urge you to cast your vote for West Point graduate, veteran and 5 generation resident, Pat Ryan because we strongly believe that he has the best chance to beat Faso in November. The priority is to take back our district and that means winning the votes of those who live in the red and purple districts north and west of us. “According to the NYS Board of Elections (as of April 2018), there are 157,000 Democratic +Green +Working Family Party-registered voters. There are 158,000 Republicans + Conservative-registered voters, and 157,000 “other” voters. These are virtually identical “thirds.”DEMOCRATS CANNOT WIN THIS ALONE.”
Veteran and Small Business Owner Pat Ryan Releases Poll Showing him as the Strongest Democrat Who Can Beat Faso in November
Through our votes, we have the power to change the story. Call friends, neighbors and family. Tell them what’s at stake. Our country is unrecognizable. We have the power to restore it to sanity.
Democratic Primary: Tuesday, June 26th
Vote where you normally do
The polls are open 12 to 9
The Gardiner Democratic Committee